Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm in Football Mode

The Lockout is over, and Free Agency and trades are going on all over the NFL. I can't wait for football to start to see who will win. If you look at all of the deals made in the last week, you'll agree with me. Up north, the CFL is actually going on (Talk about doers and not dreamers), and even with their longer field and regular season, they don't complain about a thing, unlike the NFL. Unfortunately, my friend Michael's favorite team and my preseason favorite team to win the Grey Cup, the Saskatchewan Roughriders, are 1-4, and my favorite team, the BC Lions, haven't even won a game yet, they are 0-5. There have been some good games, and the most intriguing game of the year in my mind was the game between the Montreal Alouettes and the Roughriders, a rematch of the Grey Cup. The Roughriders won 27-24. Meanwhile, the teams that neither Michael nor I picked to even get to the Playoffs, the Edmonton Eskimos and Winnipeg Blue Bombers, are in first place of their divisions, going 5-0 and 4-1, respectively. Well, the NFL is entertaining my inner General Manager, while the CFL entertains my inner coach. Keep on going football!

No comments:

Post a Comment